Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Maven Says: Check out Noah and His Pals

The Lord said to Noah, there's gonna be a floody, floody
The Lord said to Noan, there's gonna be a floody, floody
Get those children, out of the muddy, muddy...

I teach Sunday School on occasion and that song and the story of Noah's Ark are one of the few things that I can go to at a moments notice so when I was asked by Parent Bloggers Network if I'd be interested in taking a look at Noah's Pals I jumped at the chance to add another dimension to my Noah story. Shortly after they arrived I had the perfect opportunity to put them to use--I was responsible for our summer one room schoolhouse and the director hadn't gotten me the books to teach from. A few minutes finding a easy to tell story online and a coloring page or two and I was set.

I grabbed Noah's Pals along with the ark, animals and people from our Little People ark (they all played quite nicely together). The kids ranging in age from 2-6 loved the animals. A parent remarked how detailed they were and wanted to know more about them. One little girl in particular loved the cards that came with the animals and wanted to know where she could get some (the answer, only with your Noah's Pals animal sets at Amazon.com). The cards include detailed information about the animals as well as geographic information and codes that allow you to keep track of your collection on the Noah's Pals website. I did hold back the doves that came with Noah, they were on the tiny side and I was concerned about them ending up in someone's mouth or lost. Each pair of animals comes with a designation of common, vulnerable or endangered. Only 10,000 of the endangered and 20,000 of the vulnerable animals will be made. If you collect the entire set you'll be awarded with a Caboodle secret prize pack. Since bringing them home from the classroom they've joined our herd of other play animals so they would be just as suitable for non-religious folks.

If you are interested in hearing more about Noah's Animals, check out Parent Bloggers Network for other reviews (the mid-campaign round up was July 18). Noah's Pals are available only through Amazon.com where you can get the entire set for $269, that's $30 off the normal $299 price.

No comments: