Friday, August 24, 2007

Maven Says: Don't burn with KINeSYS


My grandfather died of melanoma, my YOUNGER sister has already had one basal cell carncinoma removed and a number of pre-cancers. Given that I should be wearing sunscreen all the time but generally I hate it. The oily feeling, the goopiness, my hands getting sticky. Okay, I'll stop whining!
Enter Parent Bloggers Network and the chance to review KINeSYS performance sunscreen. I think I am in love. There is both an adult and a kids non-aerosol imicrospray that goes on so light you d0n't even feel it. It goes on so evenly you don't have to touch it with your hands--huge bonus for me. Although I prefer they don't take it into their own hands as they pick really bad places to spray like on the tile floors that get slippery from the over-spray they CAN use it all on their own. What a great incentive for teaching good habits. The sunscreen has been formulated for athletes, sweat doesn't cause it to run into your eyes and your skin can breathe. The alcohol, PABA and oil have been used and the active ingredients are parasol or titanium dioxide. The Early Show tagged it as the most effective sunscreen of over 700 that they tried.

In addition to the great sprays there are also creams and one of my favorites, a stick for the face. The kids love being written on with the stick to protect the cheeks, ears and nose--I like not having to use the spray on my hands to rub on them. I am bad about remembering the ears so it is a great thing for me too!

Head on over to Parent Bloggers to hear what others have to say about the KINeSYS family of products.

No comments: