Thursday, December 13, 2007

Maven says: Discover this

This is the first time I've ever written a review where I had to fight for time to actually look over the object d'review. My kids are fascinated with the Discovery Store Spark Talking Microscope. The recommendation on this microscope is ages 5+ but I can tell you my newly 4 year old loves it. In fact, at her preschool they use it as part of the science curriculum and her teacher says it is a sad day when it is not a part of the lesson plan.
Since it arrived at our house it has been constantly in use. When other kids come to play they gravitate towards it. The microscope comes with slides that your child can slide into the microscope and look at under 5x magnification. Then the microscope tells them all about it. When they are done, there is a quiz mode. Learning and fun all wrapped up into one!

When I asked what their favorite things about the microscope were my 6 y.o. immediately said, "It's really cool because it tells you neat stuff about what you are looking at." My 4 y.o. said "I don't know, why are you asking me that." You win some, you lose some. I do believe that Discovery has a winner here, I am sure it will be on lots of lists this holiday season.

Check out what others have to say about the Spark Microscope as well as the Telescope at
Parent Bloggers in the mid-campaign round-up. Be on the look-out soon for the final say. Younger kids? Check out what's available for kids 3+.

No comments: